Neck & Shoulder
Spencer Agnew, PT, DPT
Founder of Peak Endurance | Physical Therapist | and Performance Coach
Message from Peak Endurance Physical Therapy Owner and Founder, Dr. Spencer Agnew
You May Find Yourself Wondering, “Why Me?”
Why, After Six Months or More of Suffering, Am I Still Experiencing Pain in My Neck and Shoulders?
Do you feel like this describes you?
How Often Does That Happen To You?
Exactly How You Feel?
1. You expected it to go away on its own, but it didn’t.
2. You went to the doctor, who urged you to rest and take pain relievers, but the medications didn’t help, but as soon as they worn off, the neck and shoulder discomfort returned.
3. You just accepted it because a family member or acquaintance informed you that everyone suffers neck and shoulder pain as they grow older.
4. You have previously sought assistance from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physical Therapist, but nothing they said or did appeared to help.
5. You’ve tried heating pads and TENS units, but they’ve done little to alleviate your discomfort.
6. You thought resting would be a good option because your neck or shoulder pain was so severe, but it still irritates you on a daily basis.
7. You chose to get a couple “massages” in the hopes that they would relieve your discomfort, but all they did was make you feel good and relaxed and did nothing to help you in the long run.
If any of these things have happened to you, we would love to assist you by encouraging you to schedule a call with one of our Physical Therapists to find out what we can do to help you. Because you’ve tried some or all of these things, we know what doesn’t work, which means we’re getting closer to discovering what does. If you want to get some solid guidance, use the link below to schedule a call with us:
The follow up question we are frequently asked is:
"How Do You Get Rid of Neck/Shoulder Pain?" …
So, here are four things you can do:
1. You must decide whether or not to seek assistance. So many individuals postpone for so long, believing that the neck and shoulder pain would ‘simply go away with time,’ only to find that 6 months later, nothing has changed…or it has gotten worse.
2. Do the RIGHT exercises. One of the best things you can do to help relieve your neck and/or shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physical Therapist will help reduce pain, allow you to move freely again quickly – and ensure that the problems don’t return any time soon.
3. Avoid sleeping or sitting in uncomfortable situations. Have you ever woken with a sore neck? Or have you ever felt tension in your shoulders after a long day of sitting? That’s because sitting with terrible posture and sleeping in uncomfortable positions are two of the worst things you can do to aggravate neck and/or shoulder pain. It would be extremely beneficial if you were given proper strengthening exercises for better posture, in addition to hands-on treatment, in order to get you active and healthy as soon as feasible.
4. Seek genuine, “hands-on” Physical Therapy. Physical Therapy has been shown to aid persons suffering from neck and shoulder pain. In fact, it’s one of the most prevalent problems we see at Peak Endurance Physical Therapy. If your neck and/or shoulder pain is interfering with your job, if your sleep is disrupted by tightness or tension in your shoulders, if it prevents you from staying active, or if it threatens your independence and prevents you from spending quality time with family and friends, physiotherapy can help you get back to living the life you deserve as soon as possible.
If you’d like to learn more about how the Physical Therapy team at Peak Endurance Physical Therapy can help you live with less neck and shoulder pain, we invite you to schedule a completely free, no-obligation, risk-free appointment at one of our clinic in Madison, Wisconsin:
Note: We offer this free Total Body Diagnostic appointment to anyone who are scared or suspicious about Physical Therapy, uncertain of its benefits or if it is suited for them. If this describes you, please begin with a Free Total Body Diagnostic appointment so that we can work with you to determine what is happening and what can be done – with no financial risk to you.
So Here’s the Next Question:
“How Can Peak Endurance Physical Therapy Help You Get Rid of Neck or Shoulder Pain?”
Essentially, the Peak Endurance Physical Therapy Team can assist you in returning to a life free of daily, annoying, and chronic neck and shoulder pain.
If you want to know how much it costs – and what availability we have at our Madison, Wisconsin clinic – please click the button below and fill out the short form:
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About Peak Endurance Physical Therapy In Madison, WI